Monday, February 18, 2013

Jo Malone Collection



I love Jo Malone Cologne. Ever since I got my first bottle I got addicted. It's a very bad addiction. There were times I bought a few bottles a month. I'm slowly trying to buy less as this is such an expensive addiction. I'm not only buying perfume. I also use their diffuser, body scrub and face cream. Their body products are too expensive otherwise I would have switched to all their products completely. The only Jo Malone product that I don't think I'll be ever getting are their candles. I don't really notice their scents when I burn their candles. For my candles, I prefer Voluspa over Jo Malone.

I love their skincare range. They made one of the best face cream in the market. At least it worked very well on my skin. I love their Ginseng Day Moisturizing cream. I use it as my night cream and it kept my skin moisturized during the winter. But it got discontinued. I still have one jar at home. I cleared out all the remaining stock they had when they discontinued the product. Right now they only have the Vitamin E skincare range. I have yet to try that line but I don't think I will like it as much.

The first time I've heard of Jo Malone was back in 2006 when I visited London for the first time. It was too expensive for me at that time so I never thought of getting their perfume. My friends from Hong Kong recommended Jo Malone to me telling me how great they smell. So in 2011 I went to the Jo Malone counter at Holt Renfrew at their Bloor Street location and picked up my first bottle of Jo Malone. Ever since that visit, I couldn't go back. My first bottle is English Pear and Freesia and this is still my favourite from Jo Malone.

Left to Right: English Pear and Freesia, Plum Blossom, Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne, Wild Bluebell

English Pear and Freesia is my all time favourite. This is a fruity cologne but not too sweet. I find it just right for me. I use this on a regular basis, either layering with other cologne or use it alone. 

Plum Blossom, this was a limited edition cologne that came out in 2012. There is a pinkish ribbon that came with the bottle but I couldn't find it. It's a light woody, musky and floral cologne. I haven't really played around trying to layer it with other perfume. I normally use this alone. 

Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne. This is a fruity cologne and I used to love it. This was the second Jo Malone Cologne a got. I got it in its full size because I loved the scent a lot. But now I find it too sweet for my taste and I'm trying very hard to finish it up. I used to be able to use it alone, but now I have to layer it with other Jo Malone cologne so that it won't be overly sweet for me. 

Wild Bluebell is a floral cologne and I use it for layering with other cologne. I normally use this with English Pear and Freesia. 

London Blooms line that was inspired by the British garden. They were limited edition cologne from 2012. I never expected to pick up all three bottles. I made two separate trips to complete this collection. The first time I went I only picked up white lilac & Rhubarb and Peony & Moss. I never expected to get Iris & Lady Moore. But my boyfriend said since they all belong to the same set and they were limited so I went back to pick up the last bottle. 

They smell very different with white lilac & rhubarb being my favourite because I love floral perfume. Peony & Moss is more on the green side. Iris & Lady Moore is more woody but it's growing on me. 

Jo Malone tea collection. These were supposed to be limited edition from 2011 but I bought them in 2012 and Earl grey and cucumber then became part of their regular series in 2012. 

Assam & Grapefruit: I bought this because of the deal the BA gave me. I haven't used this at all and got it only because it was limited.

Sweet Lemon: Every time I smell this it reminds me of lemon tea. I love the citrus scent from this cologne. It's good for layering.

Earl Grey and Cucumber: I love this one. You can't really use it on its own but it's great for layering with other perfume. I will get a full size bottle once I finish this one. 

Left to right: Blackberry and Bay, Vanilla and Anise, White Jasmine and mint, French Lime Blossom

Blackberry & Bay: The newest in the Jo Malone family, one of the fruity cologne. Its on the lighter side that won't be overwhelmingly sweet. It's full of grapefruit and blackberry scent. Again I use it alone or layering.

Vanilla and Anise: One of the spicier cologne in my JM collection. It's not a very sweet vanilla cologne and its good for layering with my collection.

White Jasmine and mint: This is on the greener and floral side because of the mint. I don't normally use this alone. I love pairing it with Orange Blossom. 

French Lime Blossom: I love floral cologne. This is one of my favourite floral cologne. I love using this one alone.    

left to right: Grapefruit, Red Rose, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Patchouli, Freesia and King William Pear. 

The first three are all deluxe samples I received from JM. The last three came with my English Pear and Freesia Chronicle set.

Grapefruit: very citrus cologne that I only use for layering. I haven't opened the sample yet as I'm still trying to use up the sample vials I received from JM.

Red Rose: This is the best red rose perfume I've tried on the market. It smells divine. I love it enough to get the home diffuser for my room! If they ever come out with the Red Rose Chronicle set, I will get it right away. 

Lime Basil & mandarin: This is one of their signature scents but I don't like it. It smells too unisex for me. Not something I will use on its own. I haven't really played around with this scent.

Patchouli, Freesia and King William Pear: They all came with my English Pear and Freesia set that are for pairing with English Pear and Freesia. They are miniatures of the main notes in the English Pear and Freesia cologne. Since this is limited so I'm really hesitant in using them. I like all three of them so I do wish they come in bigger bottles. 

JM Vials that are not in my purses or make up bags. They are mainly the same scent. Among the vials here, I think there are only 6 different scents. 

If I don't specifically tell them what I want to try, I always end up with the same samples which are Orange Blossom and Pomegranate Noir.
  
Orange Blossom: I have enough of the sample vials I don't need to buy the actual cologne! This has a citrus scent and I love to use this for layering with other JM cologne.

Pomegranate Noir: This is a very sweet fruity cologne. I didn't like it at first but this is growing on me. Once I finish up my samples I might get it. 

Blue Agava and Cocao: sweet and spicy cologne. I love it and it's on my wish list for a while. I can never get a sample of this as they never have it in store.  

Note: full size and deluxe sample size doubles are not featured in the pictures. 






No comments:

Post a Comment