Sunday, March 3, 2013

Perfume Rotation: March



I have too many bottles of perfume at home and I'm always only using the same bottle of perfume on a regular basis. Most of my perfume don't get enough usage from me. I keep on buying new ones but I don't finish up the old ones so my collection is always growing. To be fair, I need to start a rotation system. Jo Malone perfume won't be in the rotation system. They will still be in my regular go to perfume box but I will only use them during the weekend.

I need to clear out some perfume samples to make room for my new perfumes. I have my eye on the entire set of Jo Malone Sugar and Spice perfume that I will bring home later this month. I haven't called them to reserve my bottles but I expect to bring home at least 3 of them. I might not get the Lemon Tart if it's similar to the Sweet Lemon cologne I own. I'm not sure will I like the Bitter Orange & Chocolate so this one I actually have to try it out before deciding.

The cologne in the collection are

Redcurrant & Cream - A summer pudding. Sharp-scarlet juices of red currants, lush strawberries and rasberries rippling through creamy musk. Vivacious and enticing.
It already sounds so sweet and yummy


Lemon Tart- The mouth-watering tang of lemon tart. sparkling with citrus fruits and verbena, contrasted with swirls of meringue and lemon thyme. Refreshing.
This sounds like the sweet lemon cologne I have, so I might not get it.

Elderflower & Gooseberry- A voluptuous gooseberry fool. Crushed, summer-green gooseberry, juicy with lychee, enfolded into the soft delicacy of elderflower. Tender and feminine.
I love everything with lychee added.
Ginger biscuit- Just-baked biscut. Spiced with ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon, melting into caramel. Butter-crumbly with roasted hazelnuts. Warmed by tonka bean and vanilla. Irresistible.
This sounds amazing for layering.
Bitter Orange & Chocolate- The bite of bitter orange, layered with dark chocolate. Orange peel counterpoised with warm, powdery cocoa, milky coconut and coumarin. Sumptuous and addictive.
This sounds better as food than a perfume.  But I do like the orange coloured perfume and it does look different than the regular bottles.
There is no way I can finish a bottle of full size perfume in a month. Most of my perfume are at least 2/3 full. So I think if I can finish 2 samples vials it would make me feel less guilty for buying new perfume.

The perfume chosen for the month are Burberry Brit, Marc Jacobs Daisy and Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Florale.

Burberry Brit
I probably bought this 3+ years ago and I don't normally reach out for. It's one of the sweeter perfumes I own. I will try to get a good use of it in March.

Marc Jacobs Daisy
I have a full size bottle of Daisy that I haven't used yet. I probably liked it a lot when I got it as I only get full size perfumes for scents I love. It's a floral perfume that would be perfect for everyday use. I hope to finish this sample in March. I think I can finish it in two weeks!

Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Florale
I love perfume from Issey Miyake but I never bought a full size bottle. I don't remember where I got this sample but I actually like the scent and I even used it today. This is a light floral perfume that is good for day use. I would find it a little too light for a night out. As you can see this sample isn't full so I can probably finish this in a week.

Do you own any of these perfume? Which perfume are you using now?


2 comments:

  1. I have owned in the past Burberry Brit and I did enjoy it! I currently own that Issey Miyake perfume and it is quite lovely!
    I am sure you will have no problem using up your samples ;) ps those Jo Malone scents sound amazing, I am going to have to try them out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll enjoy using both perfume. For the Issey Miyake perfume, I love it, I might consider buying a full size bottle of it.
      The Jo Malone limited collection will arrive at Holt Renfrew on Friday. Most of the JM perfume are amazing. You should check them out!

      Delete